National Women’s Studies Association Conference Award
National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA) conference awards are given each fall to support the participation of undergraduate students in the annual NWSA conference.
The National Women’s Studies Association conference award covers transportation, hotel, conference registration and meals for an undergraduate student to participate in their annual conference.
See complete details about the award below.
Any University of Maryland, College Park, undergraduate student in good standing who has completed 12 credits of WMST and/or LGBT courses.
To apply, please submit:
- list of LGBT and WMST courses, indicating which are completed and which are current enrollment
- name and email address of one faculty recommender
- 250-500 word statement of why you would like to attend the NWSA conference and how you will bring the information you learn back to the campus community
- Note in your application if you can attend the full conference, or if only some days please list which ones
To learn more about the National Women’s Studies Association visit http://www.nwsa.org/. This video about the NWSA conference features several UMD women’s studies scholars (Dr. Mel Lewis, Ph.D. ‘12; Maariya Bassa, B.A. ‘12; Michelle Rowley, WMST Core Faculty): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K17Jrn0oRT0
For questions about the award, please contact Gwen Warman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2017 “40 Years After Combahee: Feminist Scholars and Activists Engage the Movement for Black Lives” (Baltimore, Maryland) – Paula Molina Acosta and Bridget Rittman-Tune
- 2016 “Decoloniality” (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) – Asma Amirah Neblett and Ciera Richardson
- 2015 “Precarity” (Milwaukee, WI) – Guy Hostetter and Thomas Voracek
- 2014 “Feminist Transgressions” (San Juan, Puerto Rico) – Melva Coles and Eleyna Rosenthal